THE OFFICIAL PARTNER

HOT LINE

400-692-7778

中文 / English

"Chinese businessman frightened by kidnapping"? Philippine police concealed "kidnapping case"?

Date: 2023-10-28 PageView: 12789

According to Philippine media, on October 27, the Philippine National Police (PNP) denied the country's allegations of underreporting kidnapping cases, saying that only 20 cases have been recorded since January this year.

187.png

Brigadier General Cosme Abrenica (Abrenica), director of the Philippine National Police Anti-Kidnapping Team (AKG), said 15 of the cases had been resolved and the remaining cases were still under investigation.

Abrenica added that most of the victims in these cases were Chinese citizens.

"We are following these cases very closely and making sure that the investigation is going smoothly. There may be cases that really aren't reported to us and so we can't resolve them, which is why we encourage those with information to coordinate with us."

Philippine National Police Chief General Benjamin Akorda said that in some cases, information on kidnapping cases cannot be made public due to the request of the victims' families.

188.png

(Seven people previously involved in the abduction of a 53-year-old Chinese woman)

It is reported that this is a response to the former press secretary Rigoberto Tiglao (Rigoberto) entitled "Chinese businessmen frightened by kidnapping" column, in which he said that the country's Filipino Chinese community "Chinese citizens in this metropolis is" the growing fear of kidnapping.

Tigerau said "sources from the Chinese community in the Philippines" claimed that kidnapping cases were "grossly underestimated because relatives of kidnapped Chinese no longer report such incidents, regardless of whether the victims were killed or released," for fear of senior police officers colluding with kidnapping groups.

Wechat

Phone

出入境顾问 在线咨询

出入境顾问 在线咨询

在线客服

您好,欢迎光临EasyGo易游国际,我们提供全球【签证办理】【移民绿卡】【机票预订】【公证认证】【法律支援】【商标注册】等各国出入境服务

在线客服

联系方式:19896549345,您可以电话或者微信直接沟通。

加我好友,随时为您解答出入境问题